Nate has been with the Northeast Manufacturers and Employers Association for the past five years as our on-staff Process Improvement and IT professional and instructor/consultant. Nate has a wealth of experience in the manufacturing environment, having held positions with Thomson Consumer Electronics (RCA), Lucent Technologies and Agility Communications. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering with a minor in Speech Communications and a Master of Business Administration degree, all from the Pennsylvania State University. He is also the sole proprietor of his own IT company, PC Patch-Up.
Nate is available to assist your company by providing the following services:
- Conduct on-site, hands-on computer trainings for a variety of courses including Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Provide information technology consulting with regard to hardware, software and programming needs.
- Perform manufacturing gap assessments within manufacturing systems and recommend implementation strategies.
- Conduct training and data gathering in regards to implementing Lean Manufacturing and specific methods as 5S, Six Sigma ideas, SMED, cellular manufacturing, Kanban and Kaizen.
- Propose factory modeling and physical design layout to improve efficiencies.
- Execute improvement strategies and coordinate efforts of root cause analysis within manufacturing environments.
- Evaluate facilities and implement processes required to become ISO certified.
Training programs include:
- Hands-on Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook and Microsoft Project
- Executive Coaching and Executive Presentation Skills
- Internal Auditing
- Root Cause Analysis
- 5S and Value Stream Mapping
- Vendor Qualifications
Steve has more than 35 years of experience in occupational safety and health within general industry, the construction industry and the maritime industry. He served 20 years in the U.S. Navy working in the engineering department as a Maintenance Chief and the Safety Systems Officer. He was responsible for the implementation and training of fire prevention, fire fighting, aviation refueling, damage control, emergency response and evacuation methods and OSHA safety standards. His specialty is in providing occupational safety and health education at all levels. Additionally, he is experienced in the classification of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes associated with manufacturing and construction activities.
- Holds the Authorized OSHA Trainer status for General Industry and the Construction Industry issued by the U.S. Department of Labor and the OSHA Training Institute.
- Awarded an Associate of Science degree in Engineering from Excelsior College, Albany, NY.
- 40 Hour HAZWOPER and HAZMAT technician qualified - Capable of delivering HAZWOPER and HAZMAT training.
- Authorized by the state of Pennsylvania to implement “Certified Safety Committees” per state guidelines. Facilities that implement a Certified Safety Committee receive a 5% workers' compensation insurance premium discount each year.
- Experienced in performing occupational health and safety assessments and audits to assist employers in identifying methods that will lower injury and illness in the workplace and remain compliant with all OSHA and Pennsylvania state standards.
David Martin retired from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration after a 30 year career with the agency. He served as a Compliance Assistance Specialist, and Assistant Area Director, OSHA inspector and an OSHA Training Specialist. He has taught at businesses, schools and colleges and at construction sites and mines.
During his career with OSHA he investigated accidents and fatalities, and completed 1100 OSHA inspections at industrial facilities, construction sites, health care facilities, underground and surface mines, and nuclear power sites. He has testified in legal proceedings before the OSHA Review Commission. He was also a Training Specialist for the Mine Safety and Health Administration for 8 years, and completed four safety assignments as an occupational safety and health technical expert in China and Indonesia for the International Labor Organization (ILO), where he helped establish and evaluate training institutes for workplace and mine inspectors. He volunteered as an OSHA inspector at the World Trade Center disaster recovery.
He is a Registered Safety Manager with the International Board of Environmental Health & Safety and an authorized instructor for the 10 and 30 hour OSHA General Industry and Construction classes. The Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry has authorized him to provide training for Pennsylvania Certified Workplace Safety Committee members.
He is a member of the Central Pennsylvania Safety Association, and the Joseph A. Holmes Safety Association, and holds a Master of Education degree from the University of the Philippines, and a Bachelor of Science degree from Providence College.
He has been a keynote and featured speaker at conferences, seminars and safety classes across the United States and in China and Indonesia.